The Optimal Breathing®Pace OBP2-40 series
These have been split into four sections for four different goals.
1. Calming OBPC6-20SpCB - Beginner to Intermediate
2. Relaxed Focus OBPRF22-40SpCB - Intermediate to Challenging
3. Energized Focus OBPEF12-2SpCB - Beginner to Challenging
4. Rapid Repeated Belly Breathing R2B2
Many pay too much attention to their breathing and make things worse. Others have no clear sense of what good breathing should feel like and their "practice" holds them back or makes things worse, often in an undetected manner. The parroted number count and breath hold exercises that frequent the internet can help but neglect to take into account that anything done repeatedly will eventually restrict one's breathing.
You do not have to have someone watching you breathe. I facilitated and experienced hundreds of those kind of "breathwork" sessions and eventually discovered it is best to allow the proper feel-back that only YOU can experience internally inside yourself.
Calm is the best place to start then breathing volume and strength are next as balanced volume ties in directly with longevity and optimum health and eventually allows for the EFFORTLESS DEEPEST BREATHING AND THE MOST CALM one can experience.
Let's practice combining two more Optimal Breathing calming exercises to help you relax, begin to increase the necessary variety of ways of better breathing and better absorb the breathing development material that will bless and carry you for the rest of your life.1. First learn about the OBWINDOW.
Stay with this until you understand it. Most will need to watch it at least twice. Can you explain it to another? Click Here
2. Next practice C34 Better Breathing Exercise #1 on your back with legs raised slightly for a few cycles of the CD for several days. Nose breathe if you can. http://www.breathing.com/audio/bbe1/main.htm
3. Then practice C34 in the Side Lying position such as on Card 23 from the kit as shown below. This position is good to direct the breathing into the lower part of the body.
If you started with the audio you should after a few sessions, be able to practice the C34 without the audio. If you did not use the audio then try this anyway as the audio may not be necessary.
You can integrate the Optimal LEASE or Long, Easy And Slow Exhale™ ( as in new lease on life) which is simply slowing down the exhale (leaking it out) like if you were trying to pursed lips exhale directly toward a candle 4 inches from your lips while making sure the candle does not flicker. Breathe into OB7 or 8 then "Leak" the air out with the LEASE Long, Easy And Slow Exhale to OBW5 then release the balance of air and wait until the next in-breath wants to come in then breathe into OBW 7 or 8 and repeat the LEASE Long, Easy And Slow Exhale (leaking it out).
To recap: Wait till the breath wants to come in then breathe into OBW8 - a still comfortable easy but full in-breath.
Then slowly very slowly let air out and at the END of the LEASE MAKE DOUBLY SURE you NEVER exhale past OBW5 then let the rest of the breath escape to OBW3 or what is often called the STILL POINT; Make sure you ALWAYS have significant passive exhale left at the end of whatever number count you just achieved, then release to OBW3 and repeat.
4. Start with a 6 count LEASE Long, Easy And Slow Exhale then add 2 counts whenever you feel comfortable with that and make 20 the upper limit of attainment. Do this daily or a few times a day for 15-30 minutes or more or when sleep or a nap is wanted. You may need to level out at the same number count for a while. This is not about a rigid count that does not change, it is about intending to hold the exhale back (leak it out) to the very edge of no anxiety and still stay in your comfort zone.
The exhaled length/number count may change from breath to breath. An important part is to still feel the ease of the passive exhale letting go from OBW5 to OBW3 then waiting for the next breath to come, then breathe into OBW8 and slowly, slowly let air out so that you reach a chosen or random number count goal to simply let the rest of the exhale go to OBW3 and repeat the deep inhale to OBW8.
To repeat. If it feels less taxing not having a number count goal then just intend to make it as long as it comfortably can be. But the goal is still to leak it out and NEVER to allow a held back exhale past OBW5.
How do you feel? Do you feel more relaxed or calm at the end of your session?
If you feel anxious you are doing it incorrectly.
Do you have less tendency to overreact during the day?
Are you more patient or kind?
Continue this practice until you feel you can progress to getting more acquainted with your breathing. Then read the Begin Here guidebook PDF (and eventually the hard copy version) included with the kit and proceed with your chosen breathing development theme.
When the Strap, diaphragm Strengthener and other breathing tools and exercises arrive you will find they help you reach an even deeper level of easier breathing, increased volume, states of calm, mental focus, better sleep, speaking or singing, and increased natural energy. It is guaranteed to change your life.
Now gp back to the Kit Day 1 page linked in the Page you accessed after purchasing the Kit and get more acquainted with your breathing.