Liver cleanse is second on my list of accelerated healing methods, next only to eliminating shortness of breath or other breathing mechanics restrictions, especially for those with COPD, and its many varieties of bronchitis, pneumonia, emphysema, sarcoidosis, pulmonary fibrosis, etc.
Importance of liver functions
A dysfunctional liver puts stress on all body systems. The liver is the primary organ for detoxification along with breath, colon, and kidneys. Many toxins that the liver is supposed to remove but is unable to do so end up in lungs, kidneys, lymphatic system and colon. The colon reabsorbs them if they are still not eliminated from the body within just a few hours of their ingestion. Once the lymphatic system gets saturated with toxins, it may take weeks to remove the toxins as lymphatic fluid is extremely dense and tends to move very slowly. Toxins reduce oxygen supply which makes the lungs even less efficient and the heart work harder.
Did you know? A significant food toxin to the liver is animal fat, including pasteurized butter!
If you are doing breathing exercises but ignoring liver, you may inadvertently be trying to make your lungs do the work of the liver. But is it possible? Most certainly not.
Both lungs and liver are synergistic and need each other. One can not live without either. However, if you want to understand the benefits of liver cleanse on your breathing, take the breathing test before the liver cleanse and then repeat it to see how your results are influenced by it.
My personal experience:
“I use oxy-cleanse daily. Two to four times every annually, I use a liver cleanse system explained below. I purposefully put my exercise on hold to correctly evaluate the impact of liver cleanse on my oxygen levels. My blood oxygen, as measured with a Pulse Oximeter showed an increase of 2% within 2 days after the cleanse. It was the same increase without exercise even weeks later. I can gladly refocus on my walking, oxygen enhanced exercise, weight training, and breathing exercising.”
Michael Grant White
Looking inside your liver
The liver is full of tubes (biliary tubules) that deliver the bile to one large tube, the common bile duct. The top job of the liver is to make bile, at least 1 to 11/2 quarts in a day! The gall bladder attached to the common bile duct is like a storage reservoir.
When you eat fat or protein, gall bladder squeezes itself empty within twenty minutes, and the stored bile finishes its trip down the common bile duct to the small intestine. From there it eventually reaches the colon(large intestine).
Many persons, including children, have biliary ducts (tubing) choked with gallstones. Some may show symptoms through developed allergies or hives, while others may have no symptoms at all. When the gall bladder is scanned or X-rayed, nothing is seen. Typically, the worst stones are not in the gall bladder but the liver. Worst still, most are too small or not calcified and therefore can not be seen on X-ray. There are over 6 variety of gallstones, most of which have cholesterol crystals in them. They could be black, red, white, green or tan colored.
At the very center of each stone, scientists found a clump of bacteria, suggesting that a parasite may have started the stone formation. Maybe it's the liver's method to encapsulate parasite adults to avoid getting destroyed by these invaders. If you have one or two, it's fine, but how do you justify thousands of such encapsulations?
As the liver tries self-defense, these stones turn out to be an immense blockage that hampers the liver from detoxifying and eliminating the very same harmful substances like solvents and parasites. As the stones grow in number, they exert reverse pressure on the liver causing it to make less bile.
Imagine the situation if your garden hose had marbles in it. It will block the water flow and decrease the ability of hose to squirt out the marbles. With gallstones and liver stones blocking the bile production and passage, less excess cholesterol leaves the body, and your cholesterol levels may also rise.
Gall/liver stones are porous, and therefore they pick up bacteria, cysts, viruses and parasite stages that are passing through the liver. These invaders nest and cause even more infection, forever supplying the body with new, irritating bacteria. Unless these stones are removed from gallbladder and liver, no stomach infection such as ulcers or intestinal bloating can be permanently cured.
What is liver cleanse
Liver cleanse is the procedure to cleanse your liver of all the toxins(read bile and other harmful toxins ) by preparing and ingesting a specific liver cleanse solution made with Epsom salt. The liver cleanse procedure has been a part of public knowledge for generations. It can effectively and painlessly remove stones, or stone-like elements like gravel, crystals, and debris that hinder healing and the ability to detoxify pollutants from the gall bladder and liver. It cleanses the bile duct as well.
When you drink the liver cleansing solution, the gall bladder doesn't have enough bile to neutralize it, and the liver is forced to dump all available bile forcefully into the common bile duct. With this process, the liver turns itself practically inside out and empties all of its available bile along with stones, gravel, and crystals. The Epsom salt serves the relax the tubules so that the passage of larger stones is painless and smooth.
"Although there has been a lot of debate on what exactly gets expelled through the rectum as a result of liver cleanse, the benefits mentioned in this article far outweigh the negative conclusions and reports."
Michael Grant White
What is the purpose of liver cleanse
Cleansing the liver of gallstones or whatever green blobs that leave your bowel dramatically improve digestion and blood oxygen. Both of these are the foundation of good health. Each liver cleanse may "cure" a different set of allergies, suggesting that the liver is compartmentalized, and various parts have different duties. It follows that by getting all the stones out, and consider a lot of or almost all of your allergies disappeared too! Incredibly, a liver cleanse has been known to reduce shoulder, upper arm, lower and upper back pain as well.
When should you do the liver cleanse
Spring is an excellent time to liver cleanse because living foods begin to resurface from the ground and we can replenish our minerals and food enzymes with fresh raw organic fruits and vegetables in solid and fresh juice form. Any other season except winter is a good time.
Raw is mostly better, but moderate cooking is also good than having no fruits and vegetables at all.
A liver cleanse should be done at least twice a year, and should be a part of a semi-annual liver/ parasite cleanse for best results.
How to prepare for Liver cleanse
Cleansing the liver and bile ducts is the most potent procedure you can undertake to improve your health. The preparation for liver cleanse can be divided into phases:
Phase I-It is optional, however, if you can, get any tooth problem you have fixed before starting your liver cleanse. Some people are sensitive to amalgam fillings, and the problem may aggravate with liver cleanse. Your mouth should be metal free and bacteria free and all cavities. If this is not possible, still go for liver cleanse anyways.
Complete a parasite cleanse. Although it is not mandatory, you would want your kidneys, bladder and urinary tract in top condition to remove harmful substances as the bile is being secreted. According to Dr. Hulda Clark, you can't clean a liver with living parasites in it, and you won't get as many stones out as you should without parasite cleanse first. Worst still, you may feel quite sick. In my opinion, as well, it is an "ideal" situation.
Infested humans, pets and international travels help spread parasites. They are much more predominant now than in early non-airplane days. For parasites, you can try a combination of both oxy-cleanse and coffee enemas.
9 reasons why you should consider coffee enemas:
- Detoxifies the liver and helps repair the liver.
- Cleans and heals the colon, improving peristalsis.
- Increases energy levels, improves mental clarity.
- Helps with depression.
- Helps eliminate parasites and candida.
- Improves digestion, bile flow, eases bloating.
- Can help heal chronic health conditions (along with following a mainly raw plant based diet).
- Helps ease "die-off" or detox reactions during periods of fasting or juice fasting, cleansing or healing.
- It is used regularly in the Gerson Institute treatment protocol for healing cancer patients naturally.
Phase III (mandatory) –Prepare for liver cleanse with these two steps.
1. Three days prior to liver cleanse:
Start with fresh, organic, unpasteurized apple juice. Eat frugally for these three days, only if you must. Only small amounts of raw, unprocessed fruit or vegetable salads. Add liquid E3Live sweetened with apple. If you wish, add lemon juice as an antioxidant to it. You should be able to take at least one full quart of high quality, unfiltered preferably home-made organic apple juice.
The pectin in the apple juice helps to soften and flatten the stones in the gall bladder and liver, enabling their smooth passage through the bile ducts. This “semi-fast” also empties your intestines and eases the collection of stones less problematic. My tip is to make up to 20-30 pounds of apples into juice and refrigerate it.
Those with candida might find it difficult to do this cleanse because sugar from the juice might reactivate the parasite. Especially for those with diabetes or severe reactions from this cleanse should take help of a professional nutritionist or natural hygienist who knows this cleanse. For 3 -4 days, managing your candida worries with E3live that helps blood sugar stay in balance is worth it to rid your body of various parasites, including Candida.2. Prepare liver cleanse solution
- Epsom Salts – At least, and NOT less than 4 Tablespoons.
- Olive oil 3/4 of a cup (light olive oil is easier to get down, use only the best cold pressed virgin oil). Bariani is a good one.
- Fresh grapefruit and lemons. Do not use concentrate or store-bought juice. Make your own. Enough to squeeze 1/4 cup of lemon and 1/2 cup of grapefruit juice.
- Ornithine (optional)4 to 8, to be sure you can sleep. Suitable jar with non-metallic lid. Shake your mixture well and gulp it down 1/2 cup of lemon/grapefruit juice Use a couple of ounces of this juice each time to help get down the Epsom salt solution (four feedings) if desired.
Phase IV –
- Choose a day like a Saturday for the cleanse so that you get to rest the next day.
- Take no medicines, vitamins or other pills that you can avoid, as they may hinder the successful cleanse. Stop any parasite or kidney cleanse the day before.
- Eat a no-fat fruit breakfast and light, fat-free lunch such as cooked cereals with fruit. No butter or milk. This allows the bile to build up and develop pressure in the liver. High pressure means the liver pushes out more stones.
- Do not eat or drink after 2 o’clock. If you break this rule, you may feel quite sick later.
- Mix your Epsom salts – 4 tablespoons in 3 cups of water. This makes 4 servings of ¾ cup each. If you wish, place the jar in the refrigerator to get it cold ( this is for taste only).
- Those who are familiar with the procedure, take an enema before 4:00 PM with distilled warm water to clean out your large intestines of any residual fecal matter. The cleaner your guts are the easier it will be for stones to be eliminated.
- At 6:00 PM, drink the first serving of the cold Epsom salts water. You may add 1/8 tsp of Vitamin C powder or little citrus juice to improve the taste.
- At 8: 00 PM drink a second serving of Epsom salts water. Though you haven't eaten since 2:00 PM, you won't feel hungry.
- Remember to keep yourself free, and avoid taking calls or doing some work for the balance of the evening.
- At precisely 9:45 PM, pour the 3/4th cup of high-quality olive oil and 3/4th cup of squeezed grapefruit and lemon juice into a pint jar. Close the jar tightly and shake briskly till its well mixed, almost watery.
- Now visit the bathroom one or more times. Be ready to go to bed and STAY in bed, no work now.
- 10:00 PM- take the olive oil mixture and drink it standing up. Take four ornithine capsules to make sure you get to sleep through the night. Get it down within 5 minutes or less ( elderly and weak persons can take up to 15 minutes).
- As soon as you finish drinking, lie down. Put your knees up to your chest in a fetal position. Lie on your right side for at least half an hour. This will allow oil to go to your gallbladder and lever. These organs will spasm and throw off all the available bile plus stones, gravel, and crystals along with this oil.
- Turn on your back and think calming and loving thoughts. Your liver is sensitive and responsive to feelings of resentment, vindictiveness, and hate. Lie still for about 20 minutes to half hour. Visualize the cleansing of your liver taking place.
- You may feel a train of stones traveling along the bile ducts like marbles. You won't feel pain because the bile duct valves are open, thanks to Epsom salts, relax and go to sleep and let nature do her thing.
- Wake up early the next morning and take your third dose of Epsom salts. If you have indigestion or nauseated ( highly unlikely though) try sitting up and belching, wait till it is gone before drinking the Epsom salts. Don't take this potion before 6:00 AM. Try and have someone give you this potion without you getting up, as this drink will act as a mild laxative.
- After 2 hours, take your fourth and the last dose of Epsom salts. You may go back to sleep if you like.
- After 2 more hours, (around 10:00 AM) take something into your empty stomach. Start with some freshly made fruit juice. You may eat some fruit half an hour later. You may eat regular food but keep it light and natural.
- By supper of the next day, i.e., Monday, you would feel fully recovered and have increased energy, stamina, clear-headedness and reduction to overall liver health-related issues.
How well did you do?
With diarrhea like symptoms from the morning of the second day, you would be able to see stones being passed along with your fecal matter. The first cleanse may rid you of them for a few days, but as the stones from the rear of the liver travel forward they might give you the same symptoms again. You can repeat the cleanse at two-week intervals until no more stones come out.
NEVER CLEANSE WHEN YOU ARE ILL
Sometimes, you may not see round stones, but "chaff," this is cholesterol crystals that didn't form into round stones, it may be tan colored, holding millions of tiny white crystals. Removing this chaff is as important as getting rid of stones.
How safe is the liver cleanse?
Dr. Clark's opinion, based on over 500 cases, including many persons in their 70s and 80s, is that it is very safe. Combined with parasite and kidney cleanse, it is very safe to do the liver cleanse with little or no supervision.
Your liver and your colon are your body's primary detoxification organs, responsible for helping your body to process waste and toxins while metabolizing nutrients. As such, they are exposed to a host of harmful environmental and daily toxins. You can help remove toxins and waste naturally with an herbal fiber cleanse, like Dr. Natura Cleanses Talk to your doctor to find out if it’s appropriate for you.
If you feel waves of pain reaching up to your throat, you probably have a gallstone stuck in a bile duct (clay-colored stool is evidence of bile duct blockage). Epsom salts can relax that bile duct in 20 minutes. Take a tablespoon in 3/4 cup of water but only on an empty stomach or you may feel quite ill. Taking a large dose of valerian herb (6 to 8 capsules four times a day including bedtime) may also buy you a little time by relaxing the duct. If you do get relief, you can be sure it was a spasm of the bile duct system. The magnesium in the Epsom salts relaxes spasms. It would be best to clean the liver a number of times (at two-week intervals unless too ill) to try to dislodge the sticking gallstone. Usually, it is recommended to kill parasites and cleanse the kidneys first.
"The hepatic detoxification pathways--the liver ecosystem in the present context--also play central roles in the prevention of chronic buildup of acidity, free radicals, and oxygen dysfunction, which set the stage for the development and progression of cancer."
The liver cleanse procedure contradicts many modern medical viewpoints. Gallstones are thought to be a few in quantity and no in thousands. Other than gall bladder attacks, they are not linked to pains. It is understandable why this misconception is prevalent. By the time you have acute pain attacks, some stones are big enough and sufficiently calcified to be seen on X-ray, shown in the gallbladder and causing inflammation there.
Removal of gall bladder doesn't solve the problem, as the pain attack is gone, but bursitis and other pains and digestive problems remain, even get worse.
Stones are not thought to reside in the liver, but they do. If the liver is operated upon only the biggest and worst offenders can be removed, yet, uncountable stones, gravel, and crystals remain in the already clogged liver.
Only through repeated gallbladder cleansing, you can expect to remain stone free.
Liver cleansing is beneficial even for people who have their gallbladder surgically removed as they can still eliminate plenty of green, bile-coated stones residing in their liver.
Optimal digestion exercises help your liver and colon stay healthy through digestion Click here.
The up and down action of the diaphragm massages /cleanses the liver and other organs.
To obtain permanent liver health, one should control the intake of high-fat foods such as ice cream, potato chips, salad dressings, cheese, butter even if raw, cream and pasteurized or homogenized milk. Feelings of resentment, vindictiveness, belligerence, and hate are destructive to liver health. Avoid these at all cost!!! Forget the 'bad' others have done to you and forget the 'good' you have done to others. Learn to forgive!
This is a public domain article modified to better relate to breathing by Michael Grant White, California State Certified Nutrition Educator at www.breathing.com 704.597.6775 Copyrights are waved.