---Lawyer and the blonde. Read this one before you prejudge it. (mgw)A lawyer and a blonde are sitting next to each other on a long flight from LA to NY. The lawyer leans over to her and asks if she would like to play a fun game. The blonde just wants to take a nap, so she politely declines and rolls over to the window to catch a few winks.
The lawyer persists and explains that the game is really easy and a lot of fun. He explains "I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me $5, and visa-versa." Again, she politely declines and tries to get some sleep.
The lawyer, now somewhat agitated, says, "Okay, if you don't know the answer you pay me $5, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you $50!", figuring that since she is a blonde that he will easily win the match.
This catches the blonde's attention and, figuring that there will be no end to this torment unless she plays, agrees to the game. The lawyer asks the first question.
"What's the distance from the earth to the moon?" The blonde doesn't say a word, reaches into her purse, pulls out a five-dollar bill and hands it to the lawyer.
Now, it's the blonde's turn. She asks the lawyer: "What goes up a hill with three legs, and comes down with four?" The lawyer looks at her with a puzzled look. He takes out his laptop computer and searches all his references. He taps into the Airphone with his modem and searches the Net and the Library of Congress. Frustrated, he sends E-mails to all his co-workers and friends he knows.
All to no avail. After over an hour, he wakes the blonde and hands her $50. The blonde politely takes the $50 and turns away to get back to sleep. The lawyer, who is more than a little miffed, wakes the blonde and asks, "Well, so what IS the answer!?"
Without a word, the blonde reaches into her purse, hands the lawyer $5, and goes back to sleep.
If you can start the day without caffeine or pep pills;
If you can be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains;
If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles;
If you can eat the same food everyday and be grateful for it;
If you can understand when loved ones are too busy to give you time;
If you can overlook people taking things out on you when,
through no fault of yours, something goes wrong;
If you can take criticism and blame without resentment;
If you can face the world without lies and deceit;
If you can conquer tension without medical help;
If you can relax without liquor;
If you can always sleep without the aid of drugs;
You are probably the family dog. Click here for Mike's "family dog".
The mermaid says: "Done." Suddenly, the guy starts reciting Shakespeare flawlessly and analyzing it with extreme insight.
The second guy is so amazed, he says to the mermaid: "Triple my IQ." The mermaid says: "Done." The guy starts to spout out all the mathematical solutions to problems that have been stumping the scientists in various fields: physics, chemistry, etc.
The last guy is so enthralled with the changes in his friends that he says to the mermaid: "Quintuple my IQ." The mermaid looks at him and says: "You know, I normally don't try to change people's minds when they make a wish, but I really wish you'd reconsider."
The guy says: "No, I want you to increase my IQ times five, and if you don't do it, I won't set you free."
"Please," says the mermaid. "You don't know what you're asking. It will change your entire view on the universe. Won't you ask for something else like a million dollars? Anything!!"
But no matter what the mermaid said, the guy insisted on having his IQ increased by five times its usual power. So the mermaid sighed and said: "Done."
And he became a woman."
thoughts for today- December 24, 2004
---Subject: The Rabbit
A man was driving along the highway, and saw a rabbit hopping across the middle of the road. He swerved to avoid hitting the rabbit, but unfortunately the rabbit jumped in front of the car and was hit.
The driver, being a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, pulled over to the side of the road, and got out to see what had become of the rabbit. Much to his dismay, the rabbit was dead.
The driver felt so awful, he began to cry. A woman driving down the highway saw the man crying on the side of the road and pulled over.
She stepped out of her car and asked the man what was wrong.
"I feel terrible," he explained, "I accidentally hit this rabbit and killed it."
The woman told the man not to worry. She knew what to do. She went to her car trunk, and pulled out a spray can. She walked over to the limp, dead rabbit, and sprayed the contents of the can onto the rabbit.
Miraculously the rabbit came to life, jumped up, waved its paw at the two humans and hopped down the road. 50 yards away the rabbit stopped, turned around, waved and hopped down the road, another 50 yards, turned, waved and hopped another 50 yards.
The man was astonished. He couldn't figure out what substance could be in the woman's spray can!!
He ran over to the woman and asked, "What is in your spray can? What did you spray on that rabbit?
The woman turned the can around so that the man could read the label. It said: "Hair spray. Restores life to dead hair. Adds permanent wave.
A funny thing happened to me while I was visiting the park in old London town last year. I had to use the park facility, which was one of those new high-tech automatic outdoor restrooms.
After I finished and was ready to leave, the automatic door opened and there stood another tourist like myself. (His attire obviously showed he was from China.)
I motioned for him to come in and save his admission coin; he'd come in and I'd go out simultaneously. He caught on right away; as I walked out, he walked in and the door closed automatically.
Then I heard this loud rushing of water inside. I then realized this toilet facility had an automatic self-cleaning feature that sounded all-encompassing inside. I quickly realized what was happening - the poor guy was getting all wet - so I walked pretty fast and jumped on a bus.
I often wonder if he still hates me. Maybe there's a new Confucius saying:
"Man who gets in free to use facility gets surprise of his life."
---Kiss that Frog
The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will tell everyone how smart and brave you are and how you are my hero." The man took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it, and returned it to his pocket. The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will be your loving companion for an entire week."
The man took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it, and returned it to his pocket. The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you for a year and do ANYTHING you want." Again the man took the frog out, smiled at it, and put it back into his pocket. Finally the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess, that I'll stay with you for a year and do anything you want.
Why won't you kiss me?"
The man said, "Look, I'm a computer programmer. I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog is cool."
-- Words of Wisdom
* Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
* I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.
* Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, "Where the heck is the ceiling?!"
* On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the escape key.
* Good news is just life's way of keeping you off balance.
* I still miss my ex-husband, but my aim is improving.
* Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason.
* People will accept your ideas much more readily if you tell them that Benjamin Franklin said it first.
* I don't mind going nowhere as long as it's an interesting path.
* Indecision is the key to flexibility.
* In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.
* I considered atheism but there weren't enough holidays.
* My inferiority complex is not as good as yours.
* I am having an out of money experience.
* I plan on living forever. So far, so good.
* Not afraid of heights-afraid of widths.
* A day without sunshine is like night.
* I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.
* If marriage were outlawed, only outlaws would have in-laws.
---Actual bumper stickers found on actual cars:
* Horn broken. Watch for finger.
* Your kid may be an honors student, but you're still an idiot.
* All generalizations are false.
* Cover me. I'm changing lanes.
* I brake for no apparent reason.
* Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control.
* I'm not as think as you drunk I am.
* Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
* We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart?
* He who laughs last thinks slowest.
* Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.
* It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you.
* Auntie Em, Hate you, hate Kansas, taking the dog. Dorothy.
* Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
* Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.
* I love cats...they taste just like chicken.
* Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
* Forget the Joneses, I keep us up with the Simpsons.
* Born free...Taxed to death.
* The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.
* Laugh alone and the world thinks you're an idiot.
* Rehab is for quitters.
* I get enough exercise just pushing my luck.
* Sometimes I wake up grumpy; Other times I let him sleep.
* All men are idiots, and I married their King.
* Jack Kevorkian for White House Physician.
* Work is for people who don't know how to fish.
* Montana -- At least our cows are sane!
* I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.
* Women who seek to be equal to men lack ambition.
* If you don't like the news, go out and make some.
* When you do a good deed, get a receipt--in case heaven is like the IRS..
* Sorry, I don't date outside my species.
* No radio - Already stolen.
* Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.
* Real women don't have hot flashes, they have power surges.
* I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
* Where there's a will, I want to be in it.
* OK, who stopped payment on my reality check?
* Few women admit their age; Fewer men act it.
* I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
* Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off NOW.
* Tell me to 'stuff it' - I'm a taxidermist.
* IRS: We've got what it takes to take what you've got.
* Time is the best teacher; Unfortunately it kills all its students.
* It's lonely at the top, but you eat better.
* According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist.
* Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill.
* Pride is what we have. Vanity is what others have.
* A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
* Reality? Is that where the pizza delivery guy comes from?
* How can I miss you if you won't go away?
* Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.
* Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
* We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.
* Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.
* Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
* Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.
* Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.
* Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.
* Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.
* i souport publik edekashun.
* Be nice to your kids. They'll choose your nursing home.
* Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...
* There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
* Why is 'abbreviation' such a long word?
* Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
* Keep honking...I'm reloading.
* Caution: I drive like you do.
---A Long Happy Life?
A woman walked up to a little old man rocking in a chair on his porch. "I couldn't help noticing how happy you look," she said. "What's your secret for a long happy life?"
"I smoke three packs of cigarettes a day," he said. "I also drink a case of whiskey a week, eat fatty foods, and never exercise."
"That's amazing," the woman said. "How old are you?"
"Twenty-six," he said.
1st Person: "Do you know anything about this fax machine?"
2nd Person: "A little. What's wrong?"
1st Person: "Well, I sent a fax, and the recipient called back to say all she received was a cover-sheet and a blank page. I tried it again, and the same thing happened."
2nd Person: "How did you load the sheet?"
1st Person: "It's a pretty sensitive memo, and I didn't want anyone else to read it by accident, so I folded it so only the recipient would open it and read it."
---I recently saw a distraught young lady weeping beside her car.
"I need a battery in this remote door unlocker. Now I can't get into my car. Do you think they (pointing to a distant convenience store) would have a battery for this?"
"Hmmm, I dunno. Do you have an alarm, too?" I asked.
"No, just this remote 'thingy,' she answered, handing it and the car keys to me. As I took the key and manually unlocked the door, I replied, "Why don't you drive over there and check about the batteries...it's a long walk."
Working Out for Weight Loss
For my fiftieth birthday this year, my husband (the
dear) purchased a week of personal training at the local health club
for me. Although I am still in great shape since playing on my
high school softball team, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and
give it a try. I called the club and made my reservations with a
personal trainer I'll call Bruce, who identified himself as a
26-year-old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and
Monday: Started my day at 6:00am. Tough to get
out of bed, but found it was well worth it when I arrived at the
health club to find Bruce waiting for me. He is something of a Greek
God - with blond hair, dancing eyes and a dazzling white smile. Woo
Hoo!! Bruce gave me a tour and showed me the machines. He took my pulse
after five minutes on the treadmill. He was alarmed that my pulse was
so fast, but I attribute it to standing next to him in his Lycra
aerobic outfit. I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which he
conducted his aerobics class after my workout today. Very inspiring. Bruce was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was
already aching from holding it in the whole time he was around. This
is going to be a FANTASTIC week!!
Tuesday: I drank a whole pot of coffee, but
I finally made it out the door. Bruce made me lie on my back and
push a heavy iron bar into the air, then he put weights on it! My legs
were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile.
Bruce's rewarding smile made it all worthwhile. I feel GREAT!! It's a
whole new life for me.
Wednesday: The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long
as I didn't try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot. Bruce was impatient with me, insisting that my screams
bothered other club members. His voice is a little too perky for early
in the morning and when he scolds, he gets this nasally whine that
is VERY annoying. My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Bruce
put me on the stair monster. Why the hell would anyone invent a
machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Bruce told
me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life. He said some other
Thursday: Bruce was waiting for me with his vampire-like teeth exposed as his thin, cruel lips were pulled
back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late,
because it took me that long to tie my shoes. Bruce put me to work out
with dumbbells. When he was not looking, Iran and hid in the ladies room. He sent Lars to find me, then, as punishment, put me on the rowing
machine, which I sank.
Saturday: Bruce left a message on my answering machine in his grating, shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing him made me want to smash the machine with my planner. However, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the *$@#&&&&&&&& Weather Channel.
Sunday: I'm having the Church van pick me up for
services today so I can go and thank GOD that this week is over. I will also
pray that next year my husband (the dog) will choose a gift for me
that is fun -- like a root canal or a hysterectomy.
--- Tech Support: "What does the screen say now."
Person: "It says, 'Hit ENTER when ready'."
Tech Support: "Well?"
Person: "How do I know when it's ready?"
--- My friend called his car insurance company to tell them to change his address from Texas to Vermont. The woman who took the call asked where Vermont was. As he tried to explain, she interrupted and said,
"Look, I'm not stupid or anything, but what state is it in?"
---I was working the help desk. One day one of the computer operators called me and asked if anything "bad" would happen if she dropped coins into the openings of her PC. I asked her if this was something she was thinking of doing. She said, "never mind" and hung up. So I got out my trusty tool kit and paid her a visit. I opened her CPU case and sure enough - there was 40 cents.
---One of our servers crashed. I was watching our new system administrator trying to restore it. He inserted a CD and needed to type a pathname to a directory named "i386." He started to type it and paused, asking me, "Where's the key for that line thing?"
I asked what he was talking about, and he said, "You know, that one that looks like an upside-down exclamation mark."
I replied, "You mean the letter "i"?" and he said, "Yeah, that's it!"
---I was in a car dealership a while ago when a large motor home was towed into the garage. The front of the vehicle was in dire need of repair and the whole thing generally looked like an extra in "Twister."
I asked the manager what had happened. He told me that the driver had set the cruise control, then went in back to make a sandwich.
---In 7-11 the other day, I purchased several items and paid with a $20 dollar bill. As the clerk attempted to count out the correct change for the third time, she commented "I never was very good at Geometry."
---These are "actual" lines from some company's performance reviews!!
"This employee should go far, and the sooner he starts, the better."
"Got a full 6-pack, but lacks the plastic thing to hold it all together."
"A gross ignoramus -- 144 times worse than an ordinary ignoramus."
"He certainly takes a long time to make his pointless."
"He doesn't have ulcers, but he's a carrier."
"I would like to go hunting with him sometime."
"He's been working with glue too much."
"He would argue with a signpost."
"He has a knack for making strangers immediately."
"He brings a lot of joy whenever he leaves the room."
"When his I.Q. reaches 50, he should sell."
"If you see two people talking and one looks bored, he's the other one."
"A photographic memory but with the lens cover glued on."
"A prime candidate for natural deselection."
"Donated his brain to science before he was done using it."
"The gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the train isn't coming."
"He has two brains: one is lost, and the other is out looking for it."
"If he were any more stupid, he'd have to be watered twice a week."
"If you give him a penny for his thoughts, you'd get change."
"If you stand close enough to him, you can hear the ocean."
"It's hard to believe that he beat out 1,000,000 other sperm."
"One neuron short of a synapse."
"Some drink from the fountain of knowledge; he only gargled."
"Takes him 1 1/2 hours to watch 60 minutes."
"The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead."
---Joke of the Week -
A man named Juan comes up to the Mexican border on his bicycle with two large bags over his shoulders. The guard stops him and asks, "What's in the bags?"
"Sand," answers Juan to which the guard replies, "We'll just see about that..." The guard takes the bags, rips them apart, empties them out and finds nothing but sand. He detains Juan overnight and has the sand analyzed, but discovers that it really is nothing but pure sand.
Finally, the guard releases Juan, puts the sand into new bags, hefts them onto the man's shoulders and lets him cross the border.
A week later, the same thing happens -- Juan approaches the border on his bicycle with two bags of sand. The guard asks him, "What have you got?" and Juan replies, "Sand." Again the guard does a thorough examination and discovers that the bags contain nothing but sand. He gives the sand back to Juan, who crosses the border. This sequence is repeated every day for several months until finally the guard is sitting in a Cantina in Mexico and Juan walks in.
"Hey, Buddy," says the guard to Juan, "I know you're smuggling something... It's been driving me crazy. It's all I think about! I can't sleep. Just between you and me, what are you smuggling?"
Juan sips his beer and says, "Bicycles."
---Let There Be Peace -
A wise old gentleman retired and purchased a modest home near a junior high school. He spent the first few weeks of his retirement in peace and contentment.
Then a new school year began. The very next afternoon three young boys, full of youthful, after-school enthusiasm, came down his street, beating merrily on every trash can they encountered. The crashing percussion continued day after day, until finally the wise old man decided it was time to take some action.
The next afternoon, he walked out to meet the young percussionists as they banged their way down the street. Stopping them, he said, "You kids are a lot of fun. I like to see you express your exuberance like that. Used to do the same thing when I was your age. Will you do me a favor? I'll give you each a dollar if you'll promise to come around every day and do your thing."
The kids were elated and continued to do a bang-up job on the trashcans. After a few days, the old-timer greeted the kids again, but this time he had a sad smile on his face.
"This recession's really putting a big dent in my income," he told them. "From now on, I'll only be able to pay you 50 cents to beat on the cans."
The noisemakers were obviously displeased, but they did accept his offer and continued their afternoon ruckus.
A few days later, the wily retiree approached them again as they drummed their way down the street. "Look," he said, "I haven't received my Social Security check yet, so I'm not going to be able to give you more than 25 cents. Will that be okay?"
"A lousy quarter?" the drum leader exclaimed. "If you think we're going to waste our time, beating these cans around for a quarter, you're nuts! No way, mister. We quit!"
And the old man enjoyed peace and serenity for the rest of his days.
---The Perfect Story
There was a perfect man who met a perfect woman. After a perfect courtship, they had a perfect wedding. Their life together was, of course, perfect.
One snowy, stormy Christmas Eve this perfect couple was driving a perfect car along a winding road when they noticed someone at the roadside in distress. Being the perfect couple, they stopped to help.
There stood Santa Claus with a huge bundle of toys. Not wanting to disappoint any children on the eve of Christmas, the perfect couple loaded Santa and his toys into their vehicle. Soon they were driving along delivering the toys.
Unfortunately, the driving conditions deteriorated and the perfect couple and Santa Claus had an accident. Only one of them survived the accident.
Who was the survivor? (scroll down for the answer)
The perfect woman.
She's the only one that really existed in the first place. Everyone knows there is no Santa Claus and there is no such thing as a perfect man.
* A Male's Response * (Scroll Down )
So, if there is no perfect man and no Santa Claus, the perfect woman must have been driving. This explains why there was a car accident.
---JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE TO GO BACK IN THE WATER: When two fishermen from Puglia, Italy, found a hand grenade, they didn't turn it over to authorities, they took it fishing. And when they saw some bubbles coming from the deep, they tossed the grenade in the water "hoping to stun fish". The bubbles weren't coming from fish, but from Teodoro Zuccaro's scuba tank. The blast killed the 43-year-old diver. The two fishermen have been charged with manslaughter, detonating an explosive, and poaching....Poaching?: apparently divers weren't in season yet.
TELEPHONE ANSWERING MACHINE OUTGOING MESSAGES
---This is John: If you are the phone company, I already sent the money. If you are my parents, please send money. If you are my financial aid institution, you didn't send me enough money. If you are my friends, you owe me money. If you are a female, don't worry, I have plenty of money.
---(Narrator's voice:) There Dale sits, reading a magazine. Suddenly the telephone rings! The bathroom explodes into a veritable maelstrom of toilet paper, with Dale in the middle of it, his arms windmilling at incredible speeds! Will he make it in time? Alas no, his valiant effort is in vain. The bell hath sounded. Thou must leave a message.
---Hi, I'm not home right now but my answering machine is, so you can talk to it instead. Wait for the beep." "Hello. I am David's answering machine.
What are you?"
---He-lo! This is Sa-to. If you leave message, I call you soon. If you leave *sexy* message, I call sooner!
---"Hi! John's answering machine is broken. This is his refrigerator. Please speak very slowly, and I'll stick your message to myself with one of these magnets."
---"Hello, you are talking to a machine. I am capable of receiving messages. My owners do not need siding, windows, or a hot tub, and their carpets are clean.
They give to charity through their office and do not need their picture taken. If you're still with me, leave your name and number and they will get back to you."
---This is not an answering machine - this is a telepathic thought-recording device. After the tone, think about your name, your reason for calling and a number where I can reach you, and I'll think about returning your call."
---"Hi. I am probably home, I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you."
---"If you are a burglar, then we're probably at home cleaning our weapons right now and can't come to the phone. Otherwise, we probably aren't home and it's safe to leave us a message."
---"You're growing tired. Your eyelids are getting heavy. You feel very sleepy now. You are gradually losing your willpower and your ability to resist suggestions. When you hear the tone you will feel helplessly compelled to leave your name, number, and a message."
Morris was removing some engine valves from a car on the lift when he
spotted the famous heart surgeon Dr. Michael DeBakey, who was standing off
to the side, waiting for the service manager. Morris, somewhat of a loud
mouth, shouted across the garage, " Hey DeBakey...Is that you ? Come
over here a minute."
---------SOME TIME-HONORED TRUTHS:
1. Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.
2. One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
3. One nice thing about egotists: They don't talk about other people.
4. To be intoxicated is to feel sophisticated but not be able to say it.
5. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
6. The older you get, the better you realize you were.
7. I doubt, therefore I might be.
8. Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
9. Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.
10. Women like silent men, they think they're listening.
11. Men are from earth. Women are from earth. Deal with it.
12. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and
he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
13. A fool and his money are soon partying.
14. Do pediatricians play miniature golf on Wednesdays?
15. Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?
16. Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery.
17. If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
18. If God dropped acid, would he see people?
19. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?
20. If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?
21. If work is so terrific, how come they have to pay you to do it?
22. If you're born again, do you have two bellybuttons?
23. If you ate pasta and antipasta, would you still be hungry?
24. If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
25. Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?
---Having a bad day? TRUE STORIES REPORTED IN THE NEWSPAPERS
1. The average cost of rehabilitating a seal after the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska was $80,000. At a special ceremony, two of the most expensively saved animals were released back into the wild amid cheers and applause from onlookers. A minute later they were both eaten by a killer whale.
2. A psychology student in New York rented out her spare room to a carpenter in order to nag him constantly and study his reactions. After weeks of needling, he snapped and beat her repeatedly with an axe leaving her mentally retarded.
3. In 1992, Frank Perkins of Los Angeles made an attempt on the world flagpole-sitting record. Suffering from the flu, he came down eight hours short of the 400 day record, to find that his sponsor had gone bust, his girlfriend had left him and his phone and electricity had been cut off.
4. A woman came home to find her husband in the kitchen, shaking frantically with what looked like a wire running from his waist towards the electric kettle. Intending to jolt him away from the deadly current she whacked him with a handy plank of wood by the back door, breaking his arm in two places. Till that moment he had been happily listening to his walkman.
5. Two animal rights protesters were protesting at the cruelty of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn. Suddenly the pigs, all two thousand of them, escaped through a broken fence and stampeded, trampling the two hapless protesters to death.
6. Iraqi terrorist, Khay Rahnajet, didn't pay enough postage on a letter bomb. It came back with "return to sender" stamped on it. Forgetting it was the bomb, he opened it and was blown to bits.
---An angel wrote:
Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
To handle yourself, use your head; To handle others, use your heart.
Anger is only one letter short of danger.
If someone betrays you once, it's his fault;
if he betrays you twice, it's your fault.
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
God gives every bird its food, But He does not throw it into its nest.
He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses more; He who loses faith, loses all.
Beautiful young people are acts of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art.
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
The tongue weighs practically nothing, But so few people can hold it.
The Meaning of Life
by Cukey Sapodillo taken from http://www.livingnutrition.com/laugh.html
The American businessman was at an outdoor fresh food market at a coastal Costa Rican farm village when a small truck with filled with boxes of fruit pulled up. The American complimented the driver on the quality of his fruit and asked how long it took to pick it all. The Costa Rican farmer replied, only a little while. The American then asked why didn't he pick more fruit? The Mexican said he had enough to support his family's immediate needs. The American then asked, but what do you do with the rest of your time? The Costa Rican farmer said, "I sleep late, tend to the orchard, pick fruit, have lunch, play with my children, take siesta with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each evening and play guitar with my amigos, I have a full and busy life, senor."
The American scoffed, "I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should pick more fruit, plant more trees, spend more time farming and with the proceeds, buy a bigger orchard, and with the proceeds from the bigger orchard you could buy several orchards. Eventually you would have a fleet of trucks. Instead of selling your harvest at fruit stalls in small villages you would sell directly to city markets, and eventually open your own fruit exporting business. You would control the product and distribution."
"You would need to hire orchard and distribution managers, leave this small coastal village and move to San Jose, then Mexico City, then Los Angles, then New York City where you will run your expanding enterprise."
The Costa Rican farmer asked, "But senor, how long will this all take?"
To which the American replied, "15-20 years."
"But what then, senor?"
The American laughed and said: "That's the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions."
"Millions, senor? Then what?"
The American said, "Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal farming village where you would sleep late, tend to your orchard, pick fruit, have lunch, play with your grandchildren, take siestas with your wife, stroll into the village each evening and play guitar with your amigos.
Free Breathing Test
Health Q & A
email@example.com 1820 Sunhaven Ct, Charlotte, NC, 28262 USA
USA Toll-Free Phone: 866 MY INHALE (866.694.6425) International Phone: 1 704.597.6775 Fax: 704.597.3927
© Copyright 1997-. All text and images on this web
site are protected by international copyright laws
and may only be used by consent of Michael Grant White.
The breathing improvement techniques, practices and products outlined in this publication are extremely gentle, and should, if carried out as described, be beneficial
to your overall physical and psychological health. If you have any serious medical or psychological problem, however, such as heart disease, high blood pressure,
cancer, mental illness, or recent abdominal or chest surgery, you should consult your health professional before undertaking these practices.